how we learn, work and live together in the future
Are you ready to re-design how we learn, work and live in the future?
Calling engaged students and future leaders worldwide from every year group and discipline to join Thriving Online. This Global Learning Expedition for innovation and skills development will run online between 30 August – 3 September 2021.
Over the course of a week you will work in a multidisciplinary, international team to address the challenges we face right now as our world is disrupted by COVID-19. How can we go beyond mere survival, and truly thrive online in education, in the digital workplace and in our communities, all the while ensuring that our unique planet is thriving too!
With inspirational talks, skills workshops, career insights, networking sessions and creative teamwork supported by world-class coaches, all Global Learning Expedition participants will gain essential workplace skills and discover a range of industries and career paths, to hit the ground running on your career-search.
A diverse and truly global cohort of up to 120 selected students will work together in teams to design, develop and present their innovative ideas, leading to a thrilling global finale where the best solutions to enable ‘Thriving Online’ will be pitched to an expert Jury and global audience of academia, NGOs and industry leaders.
This unique opportunity for students worldwide is delivered by multi-award-winning global design agency Petrus, the team behind a range of impactful educational, interactive and experiential learning programmes and challenges. This includes Airbus Fly Your Ideas, Airnovation Summer Academy, Total Energy Summer School and the Dassault Systèmes Sustainability Challenge.
Discover what the latest Global Learning Expedition, designed and delivered for the University of Exeter, UK, in February 2021, looked like!
Shape the future and make a difference with your ideas!
- International network
- Career insights
- Enhance your resume
- Master online collaboration
- Key professional skills
- A guide to best practice and resources to develop your own experiential learning programmes of this kind.
- A valuable learning experience for your students to develop employability skills and kick start their career.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your student well-being and career success.
- Engage with a global cohort of talented students who have developed essential workplace skills.
- A valuable opportunity to gain insight into the workplace expectations and needs of the next generation.
- Demonstrate your commitment to the online well-being of the next generation.
Hear from Karis, a 3rd year student who participated in a Global Learning Expedition we designed and delivered for the University of Exeter in February 2021.
Register and apply now for Summer Edition 2021!
- Create an account which will allow you to save your application as you are working on it.
- Complete the application form which has 3 short sections with questions about your profile, your educational background and your motivation to participate in this event.
- Block your agenda from Monday 30th to Friday 3rd September to ensure that if your application is successful you are available. There will be a short onboarding session and a networking session to kick off the week before the event on Thursday 26th August and Sunday 29th August.
- Sessions will be rerun to accommodate students joining from different time zones. This is an immersive intensive programme that does not require you to be online all the time. There are between 3 to 6 hours of interactive content online each day, either with the whole cohort or in small groups, as well as time for team work and optional social and networking activities.
Selected students will be informed between 13th – 22nd August about their application being successful. We will then provide a full brief, payment details (if relevant) and access to the event platform containing the detailed agenda and preparation documents you need. Ready to go?
2021 Thriving Online – Timeline
sessions & practise
activities & fun
Creative teamwork on
a global challenge
Support from world-
of participants say the
objectives met their objectives
of participants were satisfied
or very satisfied with the challenge
of participants would recommend
the experience to others
How to get involved
I am a student
Event fee: The cost per student is €650 / 780USD.
Participants can be self-funded, supported by their university or selected via a diverse global process for one of the limited sponsored places available.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if your university is already supporting the programme.
I am a university representative
As a university you can support your students by funding their places in the programme at €650 (c.780 USD). To find out more please contact Laura Alistar at email@example.com. Universities can select the students to join the programme, or students can apply via the online application form.
Participating universities can nominate faculty to join the programme or the coaching team if wished.
If your institution cannot fund places but you would still like to propose this opportunity to your students, you can use the flyer here to do so, and let us know if you need more information.
I am a company representative
For the programme to be as diverse and inclusive as possible we are looking for companies to provide sponsorship for excellent students whose university cannot fund their place and who cannot pay for themselves.
Corporate partners can sponsor carefully selected students, or send interns or trainees at a cost of €650 (c.780 USD) per place.
Company staff can join as speakers, experts, jury or coaches to interact with the students.
To discuss this further, please contact Laura Alistar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Corporate partners can select the students they wish to support to join the programme, send existing interns or trainees, or support students who are successful in their application via the global process.
Hear from Thriving Online 2020 participants
If you would like to become a partner of the Global Learning Expedition, promote it and support students to participate or simply have any questions about the programme, don’t hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com