Global Learning Expedition Platform Terms & Conditions
- Global Learning Expedition platform
- Who can participate
Registration, Selection and Participation.
- Event fees
- Terms of using the platform
- Links to third party websites
- Cancellation policy
- Terms and disputes
The Global Learning Expedition – Thriving Online is a 5-day online event during which participants will work in a multidisciplinary, international team to address the challenges we face right now as our world is disrupted by COVID-19. Petrus Communications (Petrus), Bulevardul Regina Maria, nr.1, scara 1, bloc P5B, etaj 2, ap. 4, Sector 4, Bucharest, Romania has created an online platform for the Global Learning Expedition – Thriving Online Program and is granting access to it for students and recent graduates to register and apply. By registering, you should read and unconditionally agree to all of the terms and conditions. Furthermore, you accept any and all of Petrus decisions with regard to access and usage of the Global Learning Expedition platform as final and binding in all respects.
2. THE GLOBAL LEARNING EXPEDITION
The Global Learning Expedition Thriving Online (hereafter referred to as the “TO program”) is hosted on a website (hereafter referred to as the “Platform”) created by Petrus Communications incorporated under Romanian law, with its headquarters located at Bulevardul Regina Maria, nr.1, scara 1, bloc P5B, etaj 2, ap. 4, Sector 4, Bucharest, Romania.
3. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
The TO program is open to students, recent graduates and future leaders worldwide from every year group and discipline.
A diverse and truly global cohort of up to 120 selected students will be divided up into 4 tracks and work together in teams to design, develop and present their innovative ideas, leading to a thrilling global finale where the best solutions to enable ‘Thriving Online’ will be pitched to a VIP Jury and invited audience of Engineering Deans, NGO and Industry Leaders from around the world for an exciting prize.
4. Registration, Selection and Participation.
Users accessing the platform will need to register first and then complete the application process once logged in.
Event participation is confirmed only upon receiving the acceptance letter, followed by payment / funding confirmation.
Petrus Communications reserve the right to refuse participation in the TO Program, refuse access to the Platform, and/or remove access, at any time, without any prior notice.
Petrus Communications may share your data with third parties (companies, organisations and/or universities) wishing to make the selection of candidates for the sponsored places their are offering.
5. EVENT FEES
The cost per student is €650 (c.778USD). Only students who are selected will be asked to pay the fee in order to secure their place in the event.
Registration and application don’t require any payment or credit card information.
Participants can be self-funded, supported by their university or selected via a diverse global process for one of the sponsored places available.
All correspondence on the platform and with the organisers must be in English.
Any practical or technical questions or comments concerning the TO program should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
7. TERMS OF USING THE PLATFORM
Subject to your full and perfect compliance with these Terms & Conditions, we grant you a personal, non- exclusive, non-transferable, free of charge and revocable right of access and use of the TO platform. Any other rights are expressly excluded except otherwise provided in a specific written agreement.
Therefore, you shall not, and shall not authorize a third party to, without limitation, (i) modify, reproduce, represent, adapt and/or translate all or any part of the TO platform and/or related content; (ii) extract, all or any part of the TO platform and/or its content, or create any derivative work from all or part of the TO platform and/or its content; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or transform, in any way the object code of the TO platform into source code; (iv) distribute, sublicense, assign, share, sell, rent, lease or loan in any way the TO platform or the right to use the TO platform; (v) delete or modify any droit d’auteur, copyright, trademark or any other proprietary rights relating to the TO platform which we or our licensors own; or (vi) use the TO platform for purposes other than those expressly authorized by these Terms & Conditions.
In addition, it is strictly prohibited to (i) extract, by permanent or temporary transfer, or re-use all or part of the content of our TO platform to another medium, by any means and in any form; (ii) bypass or circumvent any measures employed to prevent or limit access to our TO platform; (iii) link to any portion of our TO platform for any purpose; and (iv) use any device, software or routine that interferes or attempts to interfere with the normal operation of our TO platform or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our equipment.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all the activities which take place under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. Petrus Communications will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person’s account at any time.
When using the TO platform, the following applies:
- You will provide real information about yourself and you will not create an account for anyone other than
- We reserve the right to review every new account created before approving
- You will not allow anyone to access your account under any
- You will not send or post Spam messages or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise.
- You will not upload files that contain a virus, worm, Trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of
- You will not post or distribute material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or
- You will not post or distribute material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise.
- Your user content must not violate any legal rights of others and you will not collect or store any personal information of other
- Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
- You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceeding or other similar
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our
- You acknowledge that all information, text, photographs, images, videos and other content, whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. Petrus Communications will not be liable in any way for the content posted by members and you agree to bear all risks associated with
- You agree not to make available any Petrus Communications confidential information or
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the other accounts, computer systems/networks or any other confidential information through any
- We reserve the rights to monitor the community and we are entitled to review all the content published, at our sole discretion, and remove anything that breaches these Terms & Conditions.
- We reserve the right to remove any member at any time due to violation of this
We try to make the TO platform accessible at all time, but we cannot warrant that the service will be continuous or without defect.
We reserve the right to modify all or part of the TO platform, at any time, including, without limitation, the right to delete, modify and/or vary any elements, features and functions of the TO platform.
You recognize that you will be able to use the TO platform only if your device has an Internet connection. Traffic or access fees charged to you due to the use of the TO platform are subject to the general terms concluded with you Internet service provider or mobile network operator. You understand the risks associated with the use of Internet, including, without any limitation, unavailability of the TO platform, non-confidentiality or loss of integrity of the data transmitted, potential virus attacks, etc.
Without prejudice to our rights and remedies, we reserve the right to suspend temporarily or permanently your access to the TO platform, at any time, without notice in the event you violate any provision herein.
In the event we consider that your use of the TO platform is unlawful and/or unauthorized, and/or violates these Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to undertake any procedure we deem necessary, including to terminate these Terms & Conditions and to take any legal action.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This website may contain links to third-party websites (“external links“). These websites are subject to the liability of their respective operators. The provider has reviewed the third-party content for possible legal violations at the time the external link was first created. No legal violations were apparent at that time. The provider has no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked sites. The creation of external links does not signify that the provider endorses or agrees with the content of the linked or referenced contents. In the absence of definitive indications of legal violations, the provider cannot reasonably be expected to perform continuous monitoring of external links. Should legal violations be brought to the provider’s attention, however, it will immediately delete such external links.
9. CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellations made 5 days or more in advance of the event date will receive a 85% refund. If a written cancellation request is not received by 5 or more business days prior to the event, we will first offer the seat to someone else (on waiting list) and if that person accepts and validates payment, the registrant who cancelled will get 100% refund. Otherwise, the registrant will be liable for the entirety of the registration fee, regardless of attendance or absence from the scheduled event. All cancellations need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the event is cancelled by Petrus, registrants will be extended 98% of the fee, 2% being administrative and selection costs.
Petrus Communications collect your personal data as listed in the online registration and application forms on www.the-global-learning-expedition.com/thrivingonline for the purpose of organising the management of the participants of the TO program.
To comply GDPR legislation, Petrus Communications, acting as Data Controller and Processor, will ensure that all personal data submitted on the TO program will be handled strictly within GDPR guidelines.
In accordance with these current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You also have the right to give your prior consent for marketing and to object to it under the applicable regulations. You can ask for restriction of the use of your data.
Please use this email address email@example.com to make your request.
11. CLAIMS AND DISPUTES
Claims/disputes should be sent within one calendar month of the end of the TO program by mail to Petrus Communications, Bulevardul Regina Maria, nr.1, scara 1, bloc P5B, etaj 2, ap. 4, Sector 4, Bucharest, Romania, and by email to the firstname.lastname@example.org; please include ‘Dispute’ in the subject header.
Rules are governed by Romanian law. Disputes are subject to jurisdiction of the Romanian Courts.